This is a guide for configuring Quantum USB lan adaptor. It apparently worked on versions earlier than Yosemite, but seems to have broken for later versions. The other guides on internet suggest various things to make it work, but most of them seem to provide some generic driver which may or may not make your adaptor work. To find out the hardware, do the following.
- Go to Apple Icon -> About This Mac -> System Report -> USB, it should have your hardware listed, in my case it it AX88772B.
- Do an internet search to find its driver and download it.
- Install the driver.
- booting into recovery by restarting the computer and pressing COMMAND+R.
- Open a terminal via the Utilities Menu.
- Type csrutil disable and reboot.